Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Organizing the make-up box

When it comes to make-up I've tried it all: the typical make-up box, a small metal suitcase, fabric make-up bags...
Over time, my make-up collection has kept growing and I've had to constantly change where I keep it.
And now I think I've found something that works!!
I saw this idea on a blog I used to read some years ago and I put it into practice last summer. I have to say it really works!! 


Here's what I'm talking about:

On the left you can see my colourful make-up drawers. I'm not usually into such bright colours, but it adds a pop of life to the room. Each drawer has a label, so I know where to find (and where to put away) everything. At the moment these labels are just handmade stickers, I hope to make some new creative ones in the future.
 If we take a look inside the drawers, you can see they are big enough to hold quite a few bits and bobs. 


I keep my nail polishes in a different box, mainly because there are so many of them. I usually just toss them into the box (I change my nail colour every week or so), but every so often I find myself putting them away neatly. 




See?
And here below is another set of drawers (seethrough this time) where I keep my jewellry (the not expensive kind). It also has some simple stickers on the front of each drawer to find anything when I need it. 



So, what did you think about this idea? Do you think it would be useful for your make-up? Or maybe you have some other creative way to stash it!! Please let us know in the comments!!

Let's take a quick look back at what I have left to talk about:
- Startburst mirror in progress
- Bathroom cabinet Part 2
- Kitchen wortop makeover
- Drawer organization
- Make-up organization
- Inside my wardrobe
- Plant care
- Household binder: to do


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.