Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taking care of the garden with printables

After talking about our darling peppers yesterday, I remembered I've had something to share with you for a while now (don't get too excited). 


You might have noticed that over the past month or so, my little garden has been constantly growing: today I buy bulbs, tomorrow a rose bush. And each of these plants has special needs. Some of them need plenty of water while others prefer dry soil. 


To control the water my plants were getting I decided to make a new form for my Household Binder. 


For those plants that need watering almost everyday, especially now the weather is very hot, I decided this wasn't very useful. But for some of my other plants, such as orquid or lavandar, that prefer dry soil to wet, I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of when they were last watered (considering my memory).
My orquid gets a drink every 8-10 days, depending on the heat, so it's useful to be able to look up how long it's gone without water and when it's next water is due. 

Do you have any plants with special needs?? How to keep them under control??







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.