Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe Binder

Last week was Food Week here in the Box and today I'm going to continue with the theme with this entry that's all about how to make your own Recipe Binder.

My inicial idea was to include my recipes in my Household Binder, but I thought that if I gather more recipes over the years, the shared binder just wouldn't be big enough. So that's where the Recipe Binder comes in!!

At the moment I don't have very many handwritten recipes but I do have quite a few saved on my computer or in magazines. I thought it would be best to give them all a common home. So, I went out and bought a new binder. I thought the best idea was to divide the different type of meals so I separated the binder into categories:
Soups 
Salads
Meat and Poultry
Fish
Pasta
Rice
Vegetables
Desserts
Drinks

I made each category a personalized page separator, like these below:
and a label:

Before creating the binder I looked through hundreds of blogs searching for inspiration, until I realized I didn't want my binder to be like anyone else's. I wanted my Recipe Binder to be MY personal recipe binder,  a home for MY recipes. 

Since I do have some handwritten recipes I thought I'd keep them handwritten, but I made some cute printables and filled them in (you can download the template here). 

The last thing I made was the cover, front and back:

Next, it was time to put it together. I put the separators in plastic page protectors and used sticky tape to stick the labels onto them (quite a sticky situation!!)
I thought the plastic page protectors would be best, since I can clean the pages if they get splattered with food while cooking.  


I'm very proud of the finished result and plan to keep filling it with yummy recipes!!




I'd love to see your versions of this recipe binder! Or maybe you're more a digital person and keep them organized on the computer? Let us know in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.