Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Canopy or Parasol?

A few weeks ago I talked about our plans for the terrace and even posted some "spotted" furniture that was just what we were looking for. Among all that hope-to-be-ours-soon furniture, we also had to decide what to choose for shade: canopy or parasol. 
The flat oringinally had a built in canopy, but some of the previous tenants didn't look after it properly, so it ended up breaking. Which is why the landlord now refuses to install a new one. We thought about installing it ourselves, but then we realized that it would only be a lot of money spent if we have to move again in two years time. We wouldn't be able to take it with us.
So we're a lot more inclined to the parasol option. I was browsing the net last week searching for pictures of what we're looking for, and this kind of gives you an idea. We want a light coloured canopy (light colours reflect the light and offer cooler temperatures) and, if possible, a wooden structure. All these shops are available in Spain, but I'm not sure they deliver overseas. 
Leroy Merlin 35,95€ 
Leroy Merlin 89,00€




Bricowork 202,95€

Carrefour 286.00€ (a girl can dream, right?) 
Well, I think you get the picture. As you can see, some parasols are on the cheap side, but others...not so much. It makes me wonder...can you DIY a parasol? Of course, I mean one that won't fall to pieces with the first gust of wind. Something tells me I'm not there on my DIYing skills yet, haha. Oh, well, we'll have to make do with someone else's DIYing. 

What do you have in your garden: canopy or parasol? Or do you prefer all the sun you can get? Let us know in the comments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.