Thursday, July 5, 2012

Filling in the gaps

In our living room we have a huge piece of furniture, which is where the TV goes (note: not the latest TV), courtesy of our landlords. At the moment, it's filled with what was originally there, except for a glass fish that I couldn't bare looking at everyday (now in the cupboard on the bottom left). Here are some pictures of said piece of furniture (note: for some reason my without-flash-photos decided to turn out all blurry so I had to use these. Promise to improve photography skills in the future...and close cupboard doors). 




It may be just me, but I find it to be very...well, boring. And very not "us". So, here's where my new best friend Microsoft Excel comes in and helps me design a new plan (I mean, come on, how many tea cups do you need?!). 
Here's what we came up with:
As you can see, there are still a few blanks. We're not exactly sure what will go in those spaces but we're sure we'll figure it out along the way. 
The good thing about this "makeover" is that we already own most of what is in the plan, it's just a case of moving things around a bit. The only things we really need to buy are the photo frames and the set of plates (we were already thinking about buying them, but hadn't decided where to put them). 
Notice I did decide to keep one set of tea cups in the glass cabinet (only one!) and move the glasses from one to the other. 
See the nice big TV? Hopefully that one will be courtesy of my dad, since he recently changed his to a larger one. Woohoo!! Me like other peoples (free) leftovers, haha. 

Hopefully, I'll tune in soon with some "after" pictures of the finished project. 

What makeover projects are you taking on this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.