Monday, July 30, 2012

On a Vampire Streak

I've got a thing for vampires. I've always had a thing for vampires. What is it about them that makes them so enticing?
Well, with all this Twilight book/film madness that's been going on the last few years I've found myself consumed by all sorts of different vampire book series. What I'm trying to get at is that, though great, the Twilight series isn't the only one out there. Here are a couple of vampire book series I've read so far:


Twilight series - Stephanie Meyer




This series includes:


I actually read this series in Spanish, but after getting back into reading in English I think I probably would have enjoyed them more in the original language. Still, that said, it really was a great read and I think I'll probably read it again in the future.


Medianoche - Claudia Gray





I also read this book in Spanish and I believe there are more books in the series, but compared to other books I've read, I found this one quite short and simple. Then again, it may also have something to do with the language I read it in.


House of Night Novels - Kristen + PC Cast



This series includes:
4.Untamed
5.Hunted
10. Hidden (out October 2012)


This is the first series I read in English after having not read in English for more than 5-6 years. My sister's boyfriend lent them to me and to say I enjoyed reading t ihems quite an understatement. Knowing I had another book after the first and the second (and so on) helped to quench my vampire thirst...a little. Writing this post I just realized number 9 was released last summer and this october there's another one to come. Will picking them up soon!!


Vampire Academy -  Richelle Mead



This series includes:


I must say I only discovered this series by chance when I say the ffth book on a bookstore's shelf and decided to see if they had the first one in stock. It turned out they did and it turned out I just couldn't put it down.
When I moved to Granada less than a month later, I found a nice international bookstore that kindly ordered the rest of the series for me.


Bloodlines - Richelle Mead




This series includes (for now):


Knowing the Rose/Dimitri drama from Vampire Academy was over killed me, but made me jump as soon as I heard about the new Bloodlines series (out since last August), a spin-off told by one of the characters from Vampire Academy. I'm currently half-way through the second book and am loving it just as much a the first six books in the original series.


Do you know of any other vampire books? Or do you have a different favourite genre?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.