Monday, August 20, 2012

Five Things to DIY

Okay, so I know that at the moment I'm not doing anything with my own hands, but that doesn't mean I don't want to. I can't wait to get back to Granada to get down and dirty with the glue gun and some spray paint.

But since I can't do anything new yet, I've decided to make a list (yes, yet another list) to round up some of the possible DIY projects to complete once I'm back in our own home, if not now, in the near future. And who knows, maybe one of them can become part of the next Pinterest Challenge!

1. Twine coasters


source
At the moment I'm trying to make a rope vase, sewing as I go along (future post), but it's taking longer than expected. As I was wrapping the twine around itself I thought about making rope coasters, so I clicked on over to Pinterest in search of ideas and how-to's. These look brilliant and are just what I was thinking of!

2. Peg chandelier

source
As soon as I saw this I thought Must. Have. One, possibly for the laundry room. It was going to be my Summer Pinterest Challenge before I changed my mind and made the Travel Map instead. Perhaps next time! 

3. Candy Place Cards

source
Well, "cards" is kinda out of place in this case. I think this idea looks really cute and is really simple to make, maybe for an informal get together or a children's party. 

4. Rope basket 

source
At first I wasn't sure where I'd put this in my home but I knew I wanted to make one. And now, after much thinking, this would actually look great in our light-blue-colour-scheme-living-room. So it's definitely on our to-make list.

5. Acrylic vases 

source
This is such a simple but elegant idea to upgrade cheap thrift store glass vases. 

If you'd like to see how to make any of these projects, click on the source link below to see where it came from and how it was made! You can also see more of my favourite DIY projects over on my Pinterest boards!

With all this pinning I've suddenly found a new urge to start learning crochet. Am I just weird?
What else has everyone been pinning lately? Any interesting craft/DIY projects?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.