Monday, September 24, 2012

Back to School Organizing: The Desk

Today, Monday, is oficially the start of a new academic year, which means the smell of new school supplies and getting back into a routine! Horray!! 

Okay, so maybe I'm a little too excited for the year to start but it's normal. School supplies can be fabulous! 



The good thing this year is that I don't have to spend too much since I still have things like paper and blue pens left over from last year (that will save a few $$). What I don't have is a new 2012-2013 planner. Well, what I mean is I DIDN'T have one. Remember I talked about it over on this post here:



Before I started this project, my desk drawer looked like this:



As you can see, under the tossed-in post its and jumbled tape, there's some sort of attempt to be organized (what with the boxes and all). Failed attempt, that is. 

Before stocking up on any more supplies, the desk must be tackled and sorted! Like any good organizing project, the first thing that must be done is map out a plan. So that's what I did: draw the inside of the desk drawer and separate it into sections:



Then I added baskets (bought last month in Estepona) and other containers to the inside


And then I just put everything back (after tossing out all the pens that didn't work, oops!) in it's own little place. Tah-dah!!



As you can see in the photo above and the sketch, each object now has a place:



Now for the side by side before and after:



And as for those smaller supplies, push pins, clips, elastic bands, I found an old set of small drawers I had at my dad's house during the summer that was perfect:



I've organized the desk drawer, rounded up all the necessary supplies and have had a good week's rest, so I think it's safe to say: Bring It On!!!!!

How has everyone else started the school year? Any new supplies? Any organizing projects to be told? Please share in the comments below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.