Friday, October 12, 2012

Colour Scheme: Bedroom

A while ago I posted our future living room colour scheme. So, after all this time, I thought I'd move onto a different room: the bedroom. 

As we said with the living room, painting our current flat might be a problem, especially since our favourite bedroom colour is a shade of lilac (at the moment, the walls are yellow). We also have a bit of a contrast problem with the floor because it's red marble and we're not sure red and lilac will work together. 

However, even though we can't paint the walls, we can add pops of colour that will work in our future bedroom with accesories. The colour scheme we've chosen to work with is this:


Thinking about our future bedroom, we don't think picking out lilac curtains is the best option as they'll probably get lost against the lilac walls, so we're probably going to pick those out later on (perhaps in white?). This year, we're adding the lilac with cushions and bed spreads. And the brown will probably be included in other accesories or wall art. 

Let me show you what I mean. When we first moved in, this is what the bedroom looked like:


Urg, right? Well, this is what it looks like now:


You can see how we made the sunburst mirror here.



As you can see, the lilac has been introduced in the room with accesories such as cushions, blankets and pencil holders. 

Just like I did with the living room here, I decided to make a quick mood board for the bedroom. I'm still thinking about a rug and curtains, but I'll add them in the future. 

What colour scheme do you have in your bedroom? Do you prefer lighter or darker colours? Anyone else been making mood boards lately? Please comment below!!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny. About 2 years ago we decided to paint the walls of our bedroom a similar lilac color. I saw a picture over the internet, light lilac walls, with nice contrasting furniture. I loved it! So far I fell in love also for pops of rey colors (I am thinking of getting crazy and putting pops of turquoise and yellow) and grey as neutral to tide everything. As the lilac we picked has gray undertones it matches matches nicely the other grey elements.

    We just ordered the a white storage headboard (as our bedroom is tiny tiny) and I am waiting the delivery so I can finally play around with accessories! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see from the moodboard, we're also thinking about purchasing white furniture, I think it works really well with lilac walls. I hadn't thought about adding grey but now that I think about it, it could look quite nice, especially with our DIY starburst mirror!! Thanks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.