Thursday, November 22, 2012

Here's a Recipe: Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes

Please let me explain this post title. The truth is when I set out last week to bake, what I had in mind were chocolate lava cakes. However, these called for ramekins (which I don't have yet) so I thought I'd twist the recipe a bit and make chocolate lava cupcakes. The truth is they turned out great...but there wasn't any lava. They were a mix between chocolate brownie and moist cupcake, hence the Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes!! Let's take a peek at the recipe:


Ingredients: (for 8-10 cupcakes)
  • 120g Semi-sweet baking chocolate
  • 80g Butter or margarine
  • 2 Eggs
  • 175g Sugar
  • 40g All-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*Funny note: the original "lava cake" recipe called for 75g of sugar, which I misread as 175, therefore adding 175g of sugar to the mix. They didn't turned out as lava cakes...they were much better!!




Preparation:

1. Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan until nice and smooth (and super shiny). Set aside to cool. 


2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. 




3. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix. Add flour and mix. 


4. Pour the mixture into cupcake liners in a muffin tin (if you don't have a muffin tin, just use two liners instead of one, like the picture below). Don't fill them to the top, leave about 1cm to expand. 


5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 175ºC for 15-20min (prick with toothpick and the inside should be just cooked, but still moist).


6. And Tah-dah!! Yummy gooey chocolate brownie cupcakes!!



  This is my second recipe on the blog. To read my Cookie Cake Pop recipe click here

Have you got a delicious chocolate recipe to share? Have you tried the recipe? Please tell me what you think and share links in the comments below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.