Saturday, November 17, 2012

Household Binder: Planning

Here's my late Monday post for you guys. Sorry for the delay!! The good thing is I'm feeling a lot better so next weeks posts will be up and scheduled soon!!

Last Monday I told you all a bit about how I manage my time throughout the week, creating a schedule and spacing tasks out over the week. That's why I thought it was a good idea, now that we're on the Time management theme, to have a look at another section in my Household Binder: Planners.
In this section I keep copies of my blank monthly calendars, a birthdays calendar and party planners. Let's go over each of those in detail.

First of all, let's talk about monthly calendars. I've found that now that it's not only me in the house, we need a space to jot down all our appointments, days we won't be home for lunch, individual trips, etc where both Adri and I can see it easily. This is where our new Message Board has come in handy.


Even though I like making individual calendars for each month, I keep some extra blank calendars in this binder, in case I don't have time to make a personalized one for the month.


Like I said, we use this calendar to write down upcoming events, dinners, birthdays, trips, appointments, etc. Since we both enter the kitchen daily it's a good place to keep the calendar. I prefer monthly calendars to weekly ones because I like seeing as much of what's coming up as possible, and that way try to remind myself to get an early start on upcoming events!!

Next I'm going to share with you my Birthdays calendar. This is a simple three page spread I designed on Word (super easy) to get a good look at all the birthdays we have to remember during the year. Each page has 4 months, spread out vertically.

Next to the birthdays calendar, I keep a copy of a birthday/party planner I found on Organizedhome.com (see here). It has a list of things to do to prepare and a guest list (see guest list printable here) to keep track of everything that needs to be done, including sending invitations. You can find more great FREE printables over on Organizedhome.com (here). These were the first printables I used before I started making my own!!

Have you been planning a lot lately? Do you prefer monthly or weekly calendars? How are you going to plan your holidays? Please share with us in the comments below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.