Wednesday, May 15, 2013

App Alert: Our Groceries

I first heard of this app over on Pretty Organized and at the time I didn't give it much thought. But with my head full of parasites and bacteria (not literally, no need to worry) everytime I pop out to the supermarket I seem to forget at least 3 items. There began my search for some way to make my life simpler (and avoid going to the shop 3 times in one day). 

So meet Our Groceries App


The great thing about using an app as a shopping list is that you always have it with you (I have my phone on me 24h a day). If you remember something you need to pick up, in just a few seconds you can add it to your list (without rummaging around a drawer or your handbag looking for a pen). 

This app has loads of features. The items you add to your list can be sorted into categories, which makes your trip to the supermarket that much easier. For example, milk and cheese can be put into the "Dairy" category. That way, when you walk past this section/aisle at the supermarket you can pick both things up at the same time, without having to walk in circles. 


You can also input your favourtite recipes and add a shopping list for each. That way if you decide to make a certain meal, you'll know all the things you need to pick up from the shop. 

Another great thing about this app is you can keep several lists, one for each shop. Say you buy your milk at Tesco's buy prefer Morrinsons' bread, you can just keep each item on a several list. You could also have a list for your local craft, book or even furniture store. 





And last but not least, this app allows you to share your list with anyone in your home. That way when one persons crosses off an item on one list, it disappears from everyone else's, avoiding two people purchasing the same item. And if one person adds an item, it will be visible on both lists. 

You can find more information clicking on the links below^^

http://www.ourgroceries.com/overview

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.headcode.ourgroceries&hl=es

So, to wrap it up, I truly recommend using this app (or any other app) to do your weekly shopping. It saves you time (and probably money), that you'll appreciate having when finals are knocking on your door!!

What other apps have changed the way you live? What apps do you use the most? Please share with us in the comments below!!


2 comments:

  1. I use this app too!! No more shopping lists in the bottom of my purse! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks for commenting =)

      Sam xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.