Thursday, May 9, 2013

Filing box

Happy Thursday, everyone!! Do you wanna see what organizing madness I've been up to this week? Let's take a look. 

My last post was all about organizing receipts,so sticking with the paper clutter theme, I'd like to introduce you to...my filing box. 


There are so many creative, original and fun ideas out there to get all your paperwork under control, whether is original copies of documents, bills, taxes, etc. I've tried quite a few in the past, from binders to acordeon files, but I must say this is my favourite by far: hanging files. 

As it's just me at the moment, I don't have a lot of paper to organize, but I still have the basics: photocopies of ID papers, bills, medical papers...Instead of buying a cabinet to hold only a few hanging folders, I opted for this blue box, made of hard plastic that's so much easier to transport from one space to another. 


As you can see in the pictures above and below I have chosen 5 categories (and 5 colours) for my folders: 

  • PERSONAL: for orginal copies, photocopies of birth certificates, baptism certificates, passports. 
  • UNIVERSITY: grant papers, course papers. 
  • BILLS: electricity, water, phone, mobile.
  • MEDICAL: doctor and dentist
  • FORMS: any other copies of forms and cards



Each category also has subfolders: orginals and photocopies in personal, for example. You can see this better in the picture below. 


What I love about this system is that is has room to grow in the future, as I gather more papers, and at the same time doesn't take up a lot of space. Plus it fits perfectly on my new desk (I hope to be sharing this project with you soon).

So, let's go over why I LOVE my hanging folder box: 
  • Easy to file and find papers when I need them (no lid makes it easier to put away)
  • Easy to transport from one room to another. 
  • Has room to grow.
  • Can change categories as I please, if needs change.
  • Can add as many subfolders as needed.
  • Love colour-coding!!

Whay system do you use to keep paper clutter at bay? Have you starting tackling the paper in your home? Like to share your project with us? Please leave your comment below!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.