Thursday, June 6, 2013

Under Bed Storage

Hey, guys!! What's going on in yow houzes?

Today I'm going to be sharing with you a tip to make the most of that empty space under your bed.

I know most people, myself included, prefer to not keep things under the bed, as they tend to accumulate dust and make cleaning more of a chore. However, living in one room, or even a small flat may force you to use all the nooks and crannies in your home for storage.

In my case, everything had a home except sheets, towels and PJs. They're all things I take out about once a week, when I put the old ones in the laundry. So I picked up these long flat plastic bins to keep these items under the bed. They. Are. Awesome.


As you can see in the pics, they're transparent, which means I can easily identify what's in them (though I still put a label on them). They have wheels on the bottom, which means taking them out from under the bed a lot easier (especially if you fill them with something heavy). 


Another great thing about these boxes is they have a small compartment (I think it's meant for anti-moth products or susbtances that absorb water). I love it when my linens smell of soap. Don't ask me why. I'm weird. But I do. So I keep an extra bar of soap in this comparment. 


Plus they're the perfect height to fit under the bed (see picture below). 


So, in a nutshell: AWESOME. 

There are loads of spaces in your home you can use for storage, under the bed is just one of many. You can use the extra space on top of cupboards, wardrobes or shelves, a cabinet under the sink, vertical space (soooo important!) etc etc. You can find some of these ideas over on my Pinterest boards.

Do you also live in a small home? What small space storage solutions do you use? Maybe you have a creative idea to share. Please comment below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.