Friday, July 26, 2013

Organizing Spices

Happy Friday, guys!

Today I'd like to share a happy project I've been working on and that I've wanted to take on for some time. I'm making it sound like a huge deal but it really isn't haha. I'm talking about organizing spices.

As you all know I went to Estepona a few weeks ago and on Wednesdays there they have a really nice little market I like to go to. You also know I bought a new slow cooker about a month ago and I wanted to try out some new recipes. This Butter Chicken recipe really caught my eye but it called for loads of spices I didn't have. So putting two and two together I bought a few bags of spices at the market!

This was great news, I had everything I needed for my sauce BUT when I got back from my trip I had a new problem. Where to put them? I bought 50g of each spice, which isn't a lot but it definitely needed to be stored. So it was off to the chinese shop (dollar store) for some spice jars and here's what I found!


Ta-dah!!!

Aren't they cute? I love how the lid has two different sizes of holes and also lets me close the jar.


But there was still something missing...If you've been following me on Instagram you'll know what I'm talking about....


That's right!! Labels!! But not just any labels...chalkboard labels!!!


I was inspired by some of these pins:

1,2,3

So here you have it! Five (though I bought six) little steel/glass spice jars with chalkboard labels.


And so you can all make your own labels you can download this sheet of round chalkboard labels to use for FREE!!

Download here


What do you guys think? Are you digging these loooovely spice jars? Don't you just love chalkboard labels? How do you store and organize your spices? Please share in the comments below!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.