Friday, September 20, 2013

Candy Place Cards

Another Friday project for you guys!!

I was thinking about having a little get together with some friends this month, so I thought I'd get creative for the occasion.

I saw this pin a while back, from bhg.com and I thought it was awfully cute!

source
I have a set of 6 shot glasses on hand and I also had the rest of the materials so I gave it a try.

For this project, you'll need:

- Glasses
- White acrylic paint
- Letter stickers
- Sticky tape


First of all, spell your guests' name on the glass with the letter stickers and tape the top and the bottom, leaving a small section around the middle of the glass. 


Next, with a paintbrush or a sponge, go over that section with a thin coat of white acrylic paint (not diluted). If you'd like, you can give it two coats. 


If the coat was thin enough, it shouldn't take long to dry. Once it has, peel off the tape and the stickers. 


You can't really see it here, so I've used this green card to contrast. 


I don't have any candy on hand at the moment, so I guess push pins will do for now.

And now that I think about it, you could spell PINS or CLIPS and use for push pins or paper clips.


I actually had loads of fun making this project. It was so simple and easy and looks great! 

What did you think? Thinking about giving it a shot? Please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.