Friday, September 13, 2013

Colour-Coding Madness

Happy Friday, everyone!! 

Hope you guys are having a great start to the weekend! I know I've been getting a little giddy around here this week. The temperatures outside are definitely cooler and I've been sleeping wonderfully at night, meaning I have a new found energy for my organizing projects. 

Today's post is something I've been meaning to share for some time, though I never really found a good moment. With all these back-to-school posts going around, I thought now would be the perfect time. 

So, today's topic, colour-coding!


Last week I shared my new daily planner for this school year, one of my favourite projects. So pleased with the result!


These pens are what I use to colour-code my daily tasks, just like I shared in this post here

1. Class schedule
2. Exams
3. Other school related projects
4. Appointments, Paperwork
5. Blog related
6. Birthdays and free time

They weren't too expensive either, I think they were just 1€ the packet. (I don't use the yellow though, you can't really see it on the cream-coloured pages). 



When it comes to taking notes, I have divided my subjects into colours. This colour is for both markers and folders. I use these markers for headings and subheadings in my notes. One colour for each subject. 



As with the markers, each folder is for a different subject. This year I have 7 different classes, so I have 7 different colours: green, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue and white. 

I usually take only one folder to class and keep one chapter of each subject (the one we're currently studying) in it. Once we finish a chapter, I take those notes and place them in their coloured folder with the rest of them. 

When I take and pass the exam, those notes get moved to a larger black folder to put away after the year is done. 


Quite a few months ago, I shared this post about my filing system. As you can see, this is ALSO colour-coded. I have a problem, don't I? 

Just as I shared in that post, my files are divided into 5 categories: 
  • Personal
  • University
  • Bills and money
  • Medical: doctor and dentist
  • Forms and cards


And there you have it!! My colour-coding madness! There is something so calming about having everything colour coordinated. Now if you don't mind I'm going to grab a calming cup of tea too =)

What about you? Do you use colours to organize your home or do you use a different system? Please let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.