Friday, September 6, 2013

Decorating Desk Drawers

Now there's a triple-D title!

With all this back-to-school business I got to tackle my desk this weekend. It didn't get too bad during this Summer, probably because I was more on the road than I was at home, but it still needed some TLC.

So I just cleared the surface of old papers and reorganized the drawer. And then it hit me. The drawer. It was bare. Reallllly bare. Just a plain white rectangle. The desk wasn't exactly expensive so I knew I wasn't going to get anything really elegant, but that drawer was plain boring.  Let me show you what I mean.


I have seen loads of great drawers before so I clicked on over to my pinterest boards to check out what I would find to spice up this drawer. I found loads of great ideas but this was my favourite:

source

I thought a grey-white colour scheme was simple and match the style I was looking for.

First, I measured the drawer and then powered up Excel to create the same shape as the front of the drawers above (I really have no idea what that shape is called haha). 

I printed it, covered the back with double-sided tape and cut it out. 

Carefully peeling off the backing of the tape, I slowly stuck it to the front of the drawer, trying to keep it as centered as possible. 

And here she is!!



Ahhhh, so much better. The great thing is if I ever get tired or choose a different colour scheme I can just peel it off!

After stepping back and admiring the not-so-hard-work, I started to think about perhaps adding a grey/silver knob to the front. 

What do you think? 


2 comments:

  1. It's cute and inexpensive. :) Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the result so much, I couldn't believe how little it cost to do! Thanks for commenting =)

      Sam xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.