Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Here's a Recipe: Parma Pasta

I hope you're all having a great week! I know I'm counting down the days 'til classes start. I know I'm kind of being a Summer buzzkill but I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my old routine (even if it does mean getting up at 7am again). 

With less than a week left 'til D-Day, I'm getting pretty busy in the kitchen, making extra servings of meals to freeze for those extra busy days. Wanna see what I've made lately?


Ingredients: (for 2 people)

2 cups of tricolor spiral pasta
200ml tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped red and green pepper
1/2 shredded frozen spinach
1/2 cup parma ham, small cubes
Garlic salt
Oregano


Preparation: 

1. Boil pasta in pot of boiling water with a little salt. 

2. Stir fry pepper, spinach and ham in a little olive oil. 

3. Add garlic salt and oregano. 

4. Mix with tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes. 

5. Drain and wash pasta. 

6. Mix pasta with sauce. 

7. Serve and top with grated cheese. 

Delicious! 

Fun fact about this recipe is that it wasn't one (at least I didn't use one to make it). This was literally a whatever-is-left-in-the-fridge-in-a-pot recipe. Like the name I chose? =P

This week I made double the amount of sauce and froze half of it. Just make sure to label and date the container, so you know what's in it later on. 

Hope you enjoyed this recipe!!

What have you been cooking lately? Any new recipes to try? Please let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm yummy! I really like parma ham, I actually tried it for the first time on our first trip to Spain. It's a bit pricey here but I'll definitely give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I mentioned in this post, it was really just a whatever-you-have-in-the-fridge recipe, so you can change the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste! Hope you like it and thanks for commenting!

      Sam xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.