Monday, September 9, 2013

Here's a Recipe: Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken

Yummy! Doesn't that title make you hungry?

A few months ago I purchased a Morphy Richards Slow Cooker from Amazon. As soon as I fixed the outlet problem (I forgot plugs in the UK are different to the ones in Spain) I got right to testing my new appliance.

So far I've made 4 recipes:

  • Chicken and Mushroom Casserole (recipe included with the slow cooker)
  • BBQ ribs for sandwiches
  • Butter Chicken
  • Mediterrenean Chicken
Today I'm going to share with you the Mediterrenean Chicken recipe. 

I found this recipe here after surfing Pinterest for some ideas. You can find more mouth-watering slow cooker recipes over on my board here

Obviously I didn't have everything on hand so I skipped the prunes and the capers. Even so, it turned out delicious! 


Ingredients: 

1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
6 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 prunes
1/3 cup pitted green olives
4 small chicken legs and 4 thighs
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
salt and pepper

1 cup long grain rice, to serve

Preparation

1. To a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add wine, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper. Whisk together. 

2. Add garlic, capers, prunes and olives. Mix. 

3. Add chicken, nestling it among loves and prunes. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Gently stir in parsley. 

4. Thirty minutes before serving, cook rice following package directions. Serve chicken, prunes, olives and sauce over rice. 


The best thing about a slow cooker is that you just plop everything into the pot, without any preparation and just leave it for hours to cook. Great for busy days! 

I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.