Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Planner!

Hey, guys!

With back-to-school just around the corner for us in Spain, I thought I'd share my new planner for this year. You can see the planner from last year here. 

I usually take my time when picking a daily planner but then always end up with the same brand: Finocam. Finocam to Spain is like Filofax to everywhere else, but they do one-year-throw-as-you-go planners as well. That's the one I've chosen for this year. 

When I'm choosing a planner I prefer a week-at-a-glance format and a nice cover. The problem is the prettiest ones are usually a larger size than what I'm looking for. I like my planner to fit nicely into any of my bags, especially the one I usually take to class. This year, however, I've nailed it! Yes, sir, because this year I bought a planner with an empty cover! You heard me, my favourite sized planner with a customizable front page. Want to take a peek?


I just found a blue chevron print online and added the year and my name at the bottom on Excel. I am delighted with the result. Here are a few close ups:



The fonts I've used are: 

I also added a photo of my lurrrve on the back of the front page (the photo paper also gives the front page more strengh and is now unlikely to crease) and a couple of post-it blocks on the first page, like so: 


Since I went a bit colour-coding mad last year (more on this subject further on), I use different colours in my planner for different tasks, such as: 

1. Class schedule
2. Exams
3. Other school related projects
4. Appointments, Paperwork
5. Blog related
6. Birthdays and free time

So there you have it! My new 2013-2014 daily planner! 

Have you got your new planner yet? Do you prefer your planner to start in September or in January? Are you digging chevron as much as I am? Please share your opinion in the comments below!

Note: I do not know what is going on with my photos, they seem to lose a lot of quality when I edit and upload them. I'll try to get the problem fixed a.s.a.p.

2 comments:

  1. I own a Filofax planner and it's amazing. I really recommend them if you're looking for a good planner. I also color code everything and have a clean plastic pencil pouch with different colored pens in the front of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to buy a Filofax. I've been looking for a Metropolitan Lavendar planner but I'm not sure what size yet. And they aren't cheap either. Thanks for the comment!

      Sam xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.