Monday, November 11, 2013

Covering Books

Being in uni means I no longer have school text books I need to cover at the start of the school year. But it wasn't until a few months ago that I found this great tip for covering books...no sticky tape needed!

This tip is great for covering children's books for them to have somewhere else to doodle other than the textbook's pages and also for decorating ugly books with pretty paper.

Let me show you how it's done:

First of all, cut a piece of wrapping paper or kraft paper, big enough to cover your book with a few extra inches at the top and bottom, and on the sides (when the book is open, sorry I forgot to snap that pic).


With your book on top of the paper folder the top and bottom edges so that it's the exact height of you book, like so: 


Now, opening your book, fold the right edge over the back cover:



If you unfold it, you'll see you've made a sort of "slot" with the fold. Introduce the back cover in that slot (seriously, you'll understand when you get there).


Closing the book again, roll it over to the opposite side and repeat the fold to make a second slot (the pictures explain this way better than I do)





Now just introduce the front cover into that slot and close the book to make sure everything's the right size.



Voilà!!!


As I promised, no sticky tape needed. Easy peasy! In under 5 minutes you've covered your book and if you don't mind me saying, it looks great! =D

Do you use paper to cover your books? Don't you find that adhesive plastic annoying? Please share in the comments below!!

2 comments:

  1. I found this really handy for this years text books but I'm having trouble with the front cover. It won't go in the slot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit fiddly, but if you wiggle the paper around a bit it does go in. Promise =) Just be cafeful to not rip the paper. Thanks for commenting!!

      Sam xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.