Friday, November 15, 2013

If You Can't Get 'Em, Fake 'Em

Okay, weird title, I know. But I promise it will make sense in a minute.

Have you guys ever been flipping or scrolling through hundreds of beautifully decorated spaces and noticed that about 98% of them have a vase with gorgeous flowers in them? Well, I have and they seem to make the room that much more dazzling with their presence. I would love to be able to take those beautiful pictures with pretty flowers, but unfortunately without a garden, this can be a little tricky (not to say expensive).

So I got an idea. A few weeks back I was walking past a few shops and I noticed one in particular had 3 or 4 buckets of fresh flowers set outside for sale. And they were really cheap! The sign said 1€/branch/stem. Obviously, I was already deciding which ones were coming home with me when I touched one of the petals. Guess what? They were fake!! Who would have known??

Thus came the idea (Note: I am probably not the first one to discover this but for me it was a personal eureka moment): instead of spending hard saved pennies on beautiful flowers that would probably only last a week, why not spend that money on beautiful fake flowers that will last a LOT longer? I mean, with these babies, who would know the difference?

So I picked up 6 light pink carnations and stuck them in a jar. You can imagine how pleased I was. I will definitely be snapping some shots with these babies, but for now here's a teaser.


Check out how I made that chevron tray here and the cover for my planner here

What do you think? Have you ever thought of this too? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.