Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jewellery Organizer

Hey, guys!! Is it Wednesday already? Time really does fly by!

Today I'm here to share a project I've managed to get done after some serious procrastination. I know most of the people who read my blog are women, which probably means you have some jewellery lying around the house and in some cases it's all just thrown into one huge box and in a tangled mess. Okay, so maybe I'm talking about myself. But that was the old me. The new me has a great new jewellery organizing board! Let me show you what I'm talking about!


First, I took a 60x40cm corkboard and painted the frame white (though it looks kinda pink here). I used 2 coats of acryllic white paint. I decided to leave the cork as is, since I like the contrast. 

I then added a few push pins to hang my necklaces at the top of the cork, and I added a few more on the side for my dangling earrings (I keep my studs and rings in a bowl on my dresser). I can actually hang at least two pairs of earrings on one pin. 

And just to give it a bit more "glam" I painted the outside edge gold, using a paint marker. (Do you like my Christmas snowflake earrings?)


I still keep my bracelets in a small box, because I don't have very many and I don't usually wear them. 

I am still thinking about doing something with the inside of the board. Any ideas?



How do you organize your jewellery? Please share in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.