Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Decorating the Mantel for Christmas

Are all your decorations out of the box yet? I'm loving all these Christmas posts going around! So much inspiration to get ideas from!

Sometimes it's difficult living in a rented apartment where nothing is yours to change. I can't wait to have my own house with a fireplace. To be honest this could only be because I want a mantel to decorate. In the meanwhile, I'm allowed to fantasize and this year I've come up with a future Christmas mantel idea. Here's a quick sketch:


I'm so rocking my Paint skills, huh? So, what can you see here?

1. I'd love to have a large silver or gold framed mirror above the mantel. When Christmas rolls aound I'd hang a large green and red wreath over it. This one below is also beautiful!

via

2. On one side, place two candle holders, both of different height, and place 2 large white candles on top. I'm still deciding the colour of the candle holders. Any ideas?

3. On the right, a small stack of books with a glass dome full of leftover baubles.

via

4. Smaller items scattered in the center: round candles in matching colours, smaller trees...

5. Thick, green tinsel around the mantel

6. A couple of red and fluffy white stockings, or perhaps blue...

via

7. Any empty spaces can be filled when those Christmas cards come in the post =)

I'd love to see what you're doing this Christmas on your mantel. Share the links in the comments below or send your photos to lifeinsamsbox@gmail.com. If I get enough photos in I'll make a round up post at the end of the month with my favourte ideas!! So get sending!!!

Happy Decorating!!




2 comments:

  1. I might do this next year! Thanks for the idea! JESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.