Thursday, December 12, 2013

Decorating the Tree

I remember putting up the tree when I was little. My dad would sit on the floor in a corner trying to untangle the web of Christmas lights that he kept in panetone tins, testing the lightbulbs and making sure they all worked. My mum, my sister and me would choose the baubles and put them on the tree. We'd also hang little chocolates and a pretty angel on the top. Ah, those were the days! 

To this day, decorating the Christmas tree is still one of my favourite events of the year. It's a tradition around here to put it up on the weekend of  8th of December and so another year, here it is! 


So beautiful! 

I set my Christmas playlist and unpacked the Christmas boxes with my roommates and we made a night of it. Just imagine Christmas songs in the background and me standing on a chair trying to reach the top of the tree. To me, that just screams Christmas. 

Here are some of the decorations before they went up. As usual, I picked a red and gold theme. Next year I think I might try blue and gold...


I keep all my glittery ornaments in a separate box to avoid covering everything in glitter. 


Loving candy canes on a tree!!
 Here she is all lit up!! 


Another tradition is to buy a special ornament each year. Last year it was a red glittered snowflake. This year it was a red glittered present. Can you see it at the bottom of the tree??



Is you tree up yet? What colour-scheme have you used this year? Or maybe you're using a different theme, like a coastal tree? Please share in the comments below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.