Sunday, January 26, 2014

Here's a Recipe: Chocolate Mousse

How's your Sunday going?

I've got a scrumptious chocolatey recipe here for you today! As soon as I'm done writing this post I'm going back for another bowl!!!


I love chocolate mousse. Love love love it! So when I found this recipe I just couldn't wait to try it out. To be honest it's a little denser that what I was looking for but it's still delicious. 


Ingredients: (serves 4-5)

200ml double cream (heavy cream)
150g bittersweet fondant chocolate
50g milk chocolate
3 eggs
3 tablespoons of sugar

Preparation: 

1. Heat cream in a saucepan over medium heat. 
2. Chop chocolate and add to pan. Stir until chocolate has melted (careful not to burn it!).
3. Separate yolks from egg whites. 
4. Add yolks to chocolate and cream in the saucepan. Mix. 
5. Beat the egg whites, adding sufar gradually until peaks form. 
6. Fold chocolate mix into egg whites. 
7. Pour into molds and pop in the fridge for about 1h. 

Note: when folding in the chocolate, do it as quick as possible; the less you stir the mix, the more bubbles the mousse will have. 



It is such a quick recipes and seriously sinful!! Hope you enjoy it!

All ready for a new week tomorrow? 






1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.