Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Seeds

Sam is back in the garden!! Yep, that's right, my nails are black with soil and I'm loving it!

After quite a while without having to water anything I finally grabbed a couple of packets of seeds and decided to make them grow.

I picked two varieties of summer-blooming flowers, Calendula and Centaura.

Sam vuelve al jardín!! Sí, eso es, mi uñas están negras de jugar con la tierra y me encanta!

Después de bastante tiempo sin tener que regar nada, por fin compré un par de paquetes de semillas y decidí sembrarlas. Escogí dos variedades de flores veraniegas: Caléndula y Centaura. 


I used a couple of small plant pots to start them, though they can be sown directly into soil, without the need of a pot.

Usé unas macetillas pequeñas para germinarlas, aunque se pueden sembrar directamente en el suelo.



Since I had more than half a packet of each type left over I thought of some way to organize them. I remembered I'd kept a few empty "tic-tac" boxes and thought they would do the trick. I just added a label (a simple handwritten on, for now), the seeds and the instructions. And there you go!!

Como me sobró más de medio paquete de cada variedad, pensé en cómo podría organizar las semillas restantes. Me acordé de que tenía algunos botecillos de caramelos vacíos y que quizá servirían. Les puse una etiqueta (por ahora simplecita, a mano), y meti las semillas y las direcciones. Y ya está! 





I love how you can pour the seeds so easily now!

Me encanta cómo se levanta la tapa para sacar las semillas! 


Have you started spring gardening yet?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.