Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Making a Terranium

Hello everybody!!!!! How is your week going??

I'm here with a really simple DIY project that I've been dying to try for a while now: a mini-terranium!!


While we were shopping for stuff for the house, I saw these two little cuties and thought they'd be perfect for a small fish bowl I bought a few months ago (with this project in mind). It turns out one of them was too tall for my tiny bowl but it turned out fine with just one plant.

When I picked out the plants I also picked up a pack of small white pebbles to cover the bottom of my fish bowl, like so:



I would have liked to have some moss to put in as well, but I'm finding it difficult to buy some, so I just covered the pebbles with some soil. I then carefully took the succulent out of the pot and placed it in a hole I previously made in the soil. Pat it down and voilà!



Decorate with a few more white pebbles (optional). 



So pretty!!! This little plant is now chilling on my coffee table, next to a rope-covered tin on my chevron tray!! 

What have you been making this weekend? Are you making the most of your last 2 weeks of summer? Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.