Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rocking That Dining Table

When you finally move into a house you plan to stay in for a while, something amazing happens. People you know, such as parents and in-laws, start asking you if you need anything for your new home because they have X and Y they no longer use or need.

The truth is, over the last 5 years I've slowly bought most of the stuff I've needed, especially kitchen equipment and linens. However, one thing I hadn't thought a lot about, since I was previously renting, was furniture. All I had was a 20€ Ikea coffee table, a mattress and a box spring, and a desk. Not a lot, huh?

So when my dad offered me an old set of dining table and chairs it was sort of "Oh, yes, yes, please!". Wanna take a peek at the goods??


I was delighted to see the set worked together great with the curtains, and the chairs looked great with the floor. Love love love!!!

And that red plant (Guzmania) was a birthday gift from a friend from uni, that ties the red sofas in the room together (I'm planing to get cream/beige covers for those sofas). 


One thing that I loved about this hand me down is that it was better for both parts: my dad freed some space in his garage and I didn't have to spend a fortune on more furniture (there are other things I have had to buy). 

So if you're moving to a new house, before you buy anything, ask your family if there's anything they want to get rid of. Who knows? You might find a hidden treasure!! 

Have you been looking for furniture lately? What do you think of these pieces? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.