Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Back For The 100th Time

Okay, so I've been MIA for about 6 months. I am really bad at keeping blogging promises. My deepest  and most sincere apologies. 

I guess it's time that I explain myself and try to defend the indefendible. The reason I haven't been around lately is because I've been preparing for an important test for a spot on a hospital pharmacy programme. Unfortunately, this year I didn't get a spot so I'll have to give it a second try next January. 

The past six months have been very strange for me. I'm usually very organized and don't get very stressed when studying for tests but juggling my morning job and 5-6 hours of studying in the afternoon has proven to be a difficult challenge. One I will unfortunately have to go through again this year. Letting go of blogging for a few months hasn't been easy and it isn't the only thing that has happened. I've slowly settled in to a routine of absolute chaos. No meal plans. No cleaning schedules. Not even on Saturdays. No colour coded planners. Complete and utter disaster. 

When I first started studying I had everything set out. How many days for each chapter. How many hours. What colours I was going to use for each subject. But as the months progressed all my organization skills started to slip away and I was left with a huge pile of mess. Practise tests from one subject were filed away with books of another. My markers had grown legs and disappeared. My study schedule was whenever I had the time. And looking back this is proabbly what set me up to fail. I was very motivated when I started but after about 3 months I was physacally and mentally burned out. 

So this year I'm going to start early and get on top of things before they decide to get on top of me and probably eat me alive...again. One of the things that has helped me over the past 2-3 years to stay organized is sharing my everyday habits with you on this blog. I'm going to set April as my relaunch month and prepare as many posts as I can before then. I'm determined to get back to being me. 

If I've finally posted this and you're reading it, that means I've accomplished this very difficult task of reorganizing my life, taking photos, editing photos, writing posts, etc. and I truly hope to keep it up for a long time (at least longer than usual). 

I've also challenged myself to get back to meal planning and exercising, as well as eating healthy. I want to be physically prepared to take on this challenge again. 

And now that the weather is getting better,I'm finally feeling motivated to get back on track. I do hope you'll join me on this journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.