Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What I Expect This Year

I celebrated the beginning of 2015 on 1st of January but my new year didn't really start until 1st February. That's when I started to think about what I want to accomplish this year. And now, the middle of March (when I started writing this post, probably April now), I'm thinking about what I want to accomplish blog-wise.

As you read in my last post, I want to relaunch my blog properly, with a good number of posts prepared and ready to go. It's not always easy to find the time to take on projects, snap some photos and edit them. So I am going to be realistic. I'm setting a 2 posts a week goal for this year (probably Tuesdays and Thurdays).

Another thing I've noticed is that even though organizing and cleaning are still a big part of my life (and a necessity!), there are a ton of other things I'd love to share and may not be home-related. So I'm shutting down Following Sam and mixing it all together here on Life in Sam's Box.

This year is more about discovering what I need, rather than trying to sattisfy the blog's needs. I think people who can dedicate their life to blogging are really lucky (and really talented!) but I just can't be one of those people. I have a job. I have a test to study for. And I only have 24 hours a day to do so.

I've noticed a lot of the blogs I used to read have evolved into more professional and sophisticated ones and I no longer identify myself with them. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to stay real. I want to keep my blog real. And the truth is life isn't always what you plan it out to be. We have jobs. We have homes. Some have kids. We also need a social environment. It shouldn't all be said on a screen.

That said, I love my blog and I will do anything I can to keep it up and running. It's something that motivates me to be me and sharing my projects with you means the world. I hope you'll all stick around while I keep at it, sharing those little moments one post at a time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.