Sunday, May 3, 2015

Days Off

We had a day off this week, so I decided to make the most of it making extra food and sorting out the garden.

While Adri was getting splattered with paint in the bathroom upstairs (we had a bit of a mould problem this winter), I spent my morning in the kitchen. Rice with veggies, fish and potatoes, tsatziki, rice crackers and apple crumble were made in a three hour cooking marathon.



The day before we went to the garden center with Adri's parents, where I had to come to terms with the fact that I may have a serious addiction to flowers. Here are some of the newbies:








I know, I have a problem.

So I spent the afternoon transplanting them and weeding the rest of the garden (it's a very long process).

I think days off are a great opportunity to get those chores done. It's also nice to sleep in every once in a while, but sometimes all it takes is one really productive day to get things under control and organized. Note: I'll be talking about this more in a future post about how I use my weekends to organize my week. 

The only thing I still haven't been able to get under control is my study schedule. I may have one really good day, where I sit down for a few hours and learn loads, but then another two days go by and nothing gets done. I'm going to focus on setting a schedule this month of May and sticking to it. The most important thing is creating a habit and getting used to the routine. Wish me luck!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Life in Sam's Box!! I love hearing from you guys and reading your opinions and suggestions. I do read every comment and try to get back a.s.a.p. Please note that offensive or unkind words (don't worry, if you didn't like the project, you can say =)) will be deleted.